Good attendance patterns are an important factor in a student’s overall success at school.
Please report your child’s absence!!
- Call the school – 780-848-2822. Please leave a detailed message after hours
- Email the office – email@example.com and advise the reason for absence (ie: Sick, appointment, vacation, etc…)
Did you know? Key facts about school attendance:
- If your child is 20 minutes late every day, he/she/they will have missed 12 days of instruction by the end of the school year.
- If your child misses only two days of school per month, he/she/they will have missed one month’s worth of instruction by the end of the school year.
- Students who are absent 15 days of school each year will have lost one year of instruction by the end of Grade 12.
- Students who attend school regularly tend to be more engaged in their learning, feel more connected to the school and have better academic outcomes than students who miss a lot of school.
Families can support good attendance at school by:
- setting a regular bedtime and morning routine;
- getting clothes and backpacks ready the night before;
- encouraging a positive attitude about school;
- communicating regularly with your child’s teacher;
- talking with your child about his/her school day;
- taking part in school events and activities to show your child that you value school and education;
- planning vacations and appointments around the school schedule whenever possible; and
- making sure your child goes to school unless he/she/they are truly sick.
We can help!!
Let the school know right away if there is a problem or concern. There are many ways we can work together to get attendance back on track or prevent an attendance problem from starting.