Your Student’s Health: Preventing the Spread of Virus Infections.
Black Gold School Division has a Pandemic Plan in place which focuses on both preventative measures and identifying flu-like illnesses. This plan was created with the guidance of Alberta Health Services and can be implemented if necessary. The plan highlights six key preventative measures which can be practiced at all times to prevent the spread of any virus. These key measures are:
1. If ill, stay home from work, school and avoid public places. Seek medical attention if symptoms progress.
2. One of the best ways to prevent influenza is to get the influenza vaccine every year.
3. Hands should be cleaned before preparing food, eating, touching one’s face and after coughing or sneezing, using the toilet and after handling soiled material.
4. Wash your hands with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
5. Cough or sneeze into your sleeve rather than your hand.
6. Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth after shaking hands or touching hard surfaces like counters and door handles or other surfaces that may contain influenza and other viruses.
For further information regarding the Coronavirus infection you can refer to the Government of Canada and Alberta Health Services websites that are listed below: